About our tours
Should your tour be on a day when the weather is exceptionally poor, external catering may be replaced by indoor stops (including an equivalent light lunch) at designated bistros and hotels along the tour routes.
Special food requests (eg. for dietary requirements) are possible and we would try to accommodate all reasonable request provided they are notified to us at the time of booking.
Sleepy Sporran Tour Transport
Your VIP transport will be a Mercedes V Class AMG Line which is a top of the range people carrier.
Inside the airy cabin: 4 leather individual seats (spaced approximately 500mm apart), full air conditioning and climate control, generous legroom, good visibility through the privacy glass and a glass sunroof.
The vehicle has additional natural ventilation through the opening rear windows and the opening sun roof.
Smoking and e-cigarettes are not permitted in the vehicle.
Please note we do not carry children under the age of 12 years or below 1.35m in height.
Additional Hygiene and Covid 19 Prevention Measures
Sleepy Sporran have carried out a professional analysis to identify risks associated with their tours operation which has resulted in formal risk assessment schedules and risk mitigation measures. These procedures are implemented for all tour preparations and tours. The risk assessments are maintained in conjunction with the guidance and restrictions imposed by the Scottish Government current at the time of tours.
Prior to each new group tour the complete internal space of the vehicle is disinfected with a proprietary anti-bacterial fogging spray. In addition all internal surfaces are cleaned with a compatible anti- bacterial cleanser. Seat belts, seats and glass areas are all wiped over thoroughly. The external body work is washed off and all door handles, door seals and grab handles wiped over with the anti-bacterial cleanser. The vehicle is finally vented with all doors and windows open for a minimum period of 20 minutes. A dated check list record of the deep cleans is maintained.
After each days touring the internal surfaces of the vehicle are cleaned with an anti-bacterial cleanser. A similar treatment is carried out to external doors, handles and door seals.
On all tours the vehicle carries supplies of antiseptic wipes, alcohol based anti-bacterial hand gels, gloves and face masks which are made available as required.
The vehicle ventilation system filters are replaced on a regular basis as determined by the vehicle manufacturer.
Our Tour Vehicle
- We use a Mercedes V Class 300 long wheelbase.
- The seating configuration is 2 rows of 2 individual seat or for 5 seat arrangements the rear two individual seats are replaced with a bench seat.
- The seats are 480mm wide and are 400 mm above cabin floor level.
- The average legroom between rows is 480mm (all seating arrangements).
- Overall headroom in the cabin is 1300mm.
Access to Our Tour Vehicle
- The access doors, one on each side or the vehicle are electrically operated sliding doors.
- When the door is open the clear opening is 900mm wide by 1250 mm high.
- The cabin floor is approximately 490mm above road level.
- There are 2 steps at each door.
- From road level to the door threshold and 2nd step it is approximately 380mm. Additional temporary steps can be provided.
- The rise on the 2nd step is 110cm.
Access to Our Tour Vehicle
- The 2nd step has a slip resistant surface.
- The step and door threshold are illuminated.
- There are 2 grab handles adjacent to the doors.
- Access to the rear seats is by folding down one of the 2nd row seats to give a clear gap of 550mm.
- All seats have adjustable backrests and headrests.
- All seats have 3 point seatbelts.
- Hearing impairment - audio enhanced tour guide commentary if requested.
- Visual impairment - tour itineraries are available in large text print if requested.
- Children below the age of 12 years or 1.35m in height are not eligible to travel on the tour vehicle.
- It may be possible to accommodate certain small folding wheelchairs / walkers but such a request must be made known at the time of booking.
Visitor Attraction Entry Fees and Information
The descriptions for each tour are intended to give an outline of each tour route and flag up the more prominent places / attractions along the route.
To make the most of the day and create a balance between journey times and visit stops, each tour route is made up of places to view in passing / photoshops and places / attractions where we make a stop and visit the grounds or the attraction.
The relevant entry fees to these grounds / attractions are included in the tour prices. Additional 'guided tours’ (and their cost) are also included where specifically stated in the tour descriptions but please note all other optional tours or access arrangements are excluded.
On all tours we issue a comprehensive pack with information about the places the tour visits. This is a combination of leaflets, guide books and a map and varies in content depending on the tour.
All images used on this website are copyright and the originators are noted on the images. Where the notation is - ‘Copyright Visit Scotland' - these images are provided under licence from Visit Scotland (Contact multimedia at Visit Scotland) where the individual photographers are named. The majority of images used are credited to: Paul Tomkins and Kenny Lamm.